It's The Simple Things

Sunday 16 July 2017


Did I ever tell you how much I blooming love living down here in Cornwall? There's something so special about being able to drive out to the coast on a whim and spend the day drinking in that salty sea air.



Nothing soothes the soul like the Cornish coast- fresh, wild and (occasionally) feisty, I've yet to find a place that makes me feel as content or at home than these rocky shorelines.

Perhaps it's the way the rolling, uninterrupted grasslands seem to slip over into the choppy waves below, or maybe it's the weighty and puffy skies, stretching out over distant towns as far as the eye can see- but something about the vastness of these coastal paths always makes me feel at peace. It's like it's just me and the landscape, and that's all that matters.


Bobble hat ASOS (similar) // Coat Lighthouse // Jumper ASOS // Boots Barbour


I think that's what living in the countryside has taught me... it's all about stepping back, breathing in that churning country air and finding contentment in the simplicity and regularity of nature.




Oh and, of course, there's no simpler pleasure than bringing along a four-legged pal for company. I don't know how or why but, even in her craziest of moments, this pup is such a source of joy and comfort to me. I'm always looking forward to where our next rosy-cheeked and muddy-pawed adventure will take us!




Old jeans, a big jumper, a bobble hat and a Spaniel- I reckon that's all I'll ever need!



I hope you've had a lovely weekend! What's the one thing that brings you comfort at the end of a particularly stressful day? (or week!) I'd love to know in the comments below.

In the meantime,
All the love,

Sian x

6 comments

  1. If I'm having a stressful day or week I'll definitely go out and get some fresh air. Even if it's just a little walk to the village shops or a short walk through a nature trail, I always find nature and being outdoors so soothing. I'm off to Cornwall next month and I can't wait to go exploring, I've always found it to be such a beautiful place. Lovely photos! x

    Kayleigh | www.anenthusiasmfor.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't fresh air the best cure-all? Ah, how lovely! I hope you have a fab time down here Kayleigh :) x

      Delete
  2. Water always calms me down whether its the ocean moving in and out or the Thames river down the road from us. I just find the stillness of it helps to reduce any anxieties or worries I have. I love the Cornish coast, it's so wild and ruggid, I wish we lived closer! Beautiful photos and I agree, the simple things are what make life so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I whole-heartedly agree :) Some people have such a phobia of big expanses of water but I'm with you, I find it so calming. The Cornish coast is the perfect relaxation spot for me - I wish I could bring all my readers down to enjoy it with me! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. I'm at Watergate bay for the next week and I'm so excited. I want to retire here (looooong way off haha!)

    Ah you're such a stylish country girl, I'm nowhere near that stylish, by 10 am I'm covered in mud and dog hairs.

    At the end of stressful day, I either loving being in the garden, or sitting on my window with a good blog or book and over looking the amazing Welsh hills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Watergate Bay! You have to try Jamie's Fifteen restaurant for brunch... went there for Father's Day and it's amazing!

      Thank you :) I can assure you I am never normally this stylish on a dog walk! x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© The Freckled Fieldnotes. Design by Fearne.