Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016


Wow, what a year. Looking back through all these pictures, it's so strange to think how much my life has changed in the space of twelve (very speedy) months! Graduating from university feels like a million years ago to me now, and the above picture of a very teeny tiny Penny is a very real reminder of how quickly time moves on...(she's about four times that size now!)  

I'm not really one for making New Years resolutions but I do have a list of things that I would really like to try out in 2016. Some of them are big things, some are them are small but I think, after such a wonderful 2015, my attitude this year is going to be... just give it a go and see what happens. 

Anyway, here are my six goals for 2016... if you'd like to take a look:

1. Start making my own videos.

I loved filming my 'Trip to London' vlog as it was a great way to remember such a fun day spent with family and friends :) In 2016, I'd like to branch out a little with my blogging and start filming short montages of all the outings and adventures I go on around where I live. There's such great scenery here, it would be a real shame not to share it with you!

2. Get a bit tougher.     

A while ago, I read an interview with Jennifer Lawrence where she spoke about her training regime for The Hunger Games series. What she said on the subject of fitness really stuck with me because I've never really been an advocate for the gym life:

'I'm invincible. I don't want little girls to be like, "Oh I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner," that's something I was really conscious of during training. I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong- not thin and underfed.' 

Look fit and strong, not thin and underfed. Isn't that an amazing outlook to have on body image? I think so. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't always had such a healthy view on the subject, so 2016 for me is going to be about unleashing my inner Katniss, which brings me nicely onto my next goal...

3. Try out surfing.

Cornwall is renowned for its fantastic surf spots so, this Summer, I'm going to try out surf school! I used to be a very keen swimmer so I reckon this could be a really fun activity for me :) roll on those warmer months!

4.  Learn flower arranging.

This one has been an ambition of mine for a really long time, so I'm hoping that 2016 is the year when I can make it happen! I always think, although I could be very much mistaken here, that flower arranging looks like such a soothing craft... and I also think it's quite an underrated life skill (is there anything more capable of bringing joy into a dreary room than a pretty bouquet?) which is why I'm determined to get the chance to learn such a craft.

5. Start writing something.

Either a book or a film. I've not quite decided yet- but I'm very excited about the prospect :)

6. Visit the Minack Theatre.

This is a bit of literary-nerd dream of mine but, having previously been totally enchanted by an open-air production of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream at Arundel Castle, I'm desperate to relive the experience at Cornwall's Minack Theatre. It looks beautiful! 

The Minack Theatre- picture taken from Pinterest

So those are my six achievable things to try out this year... do you have any goals for 2016? I'd love to know what they are!

In the meantime,

All the love for the New Year,

Sian x


0 comments