Meet Penny!

Sunday 30 August 2015




























Oh my goodness, this week has been a hectic one! For starters, I ventured out quite early on Wednesday morning to begin my new job in the city... and I've barely had time to sit down since! However, I'm glad to say that it's all going really well and I'm settling in nicely to my new routine as a full-timer (aaah). It's all very new and a bit odd but everyone is lovely and, weirdly, I'm finding the whole experience sort of enjoyable! :)

In other hectic news, we brought our new puppy first mentioned in this post home on Friday! We've called her Penny and she's a Cocker-Springer Spaniel cross :). Her Mummy and Daddy (Bonnie & Bruce...love it) were both farm dogs- so she's pretty hardy for a little one! Before we picked her up, she'd spent her first seven weeks in a barn on said farm with just her brothers and sisters for company- which means, now that she's at home with us, she barely whinges when left alone and is fairly comfortable with a whole range of strange country noises.


At the moment, being so young, she loves curling up at our feet and snoozing for a while with a teddy or two by her side. Her favourite thing to eat is Weetabix with milk, which she scoffs with such vigour that her entire face and the tips of her ears become coated in a thick layer of gloop. Last night, my Mum tried her out on a little bit of rice pudding (as advised by the breeder) to give her something different to eat. Oh My God did she enjoy that creamy goodness! Unfortunately, it was like giving a glass of Coca Cola to a five-year-old...she jumped around the living room for a good hour or so, attacking the teddies she had only previously snuggled, before conking out in a knackered little pile in her bed. It was hilarious to watch her transform from a sleepy pile of fur to a crazy tearaway in a matter of minutes!


It's lovely to have her pottering around the house! Hopefully, she'll soon be able to potter around our garden too- although we'll need to introduce her to those crazy chickens first...


  She's the sweetest little puppy :) Those soulful eyes kill me every time!


I'm certain I'll be taking lots and lots more pictures of this cheeky little heartbreaker very soon so, if you'd like to keep up to date with what Penny's up to, why not follow me on Instagram?
           
Until then,
All the love,

Sian x


Psst. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin :)
   

8 comments

  1. Ohhhhh my goodness SO CUTE!!!!!!! I want her!!!

    freeformhappiness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :) she's such a darling- and she knows it!! A little poser! xxx

      Delete
  2. What a cutie! Penny is such a lovely name. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! It took us quite a while to decide on a name but I think it suits her! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, such a blessing <3 so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a little blessing :) thank you for your lovely comment! xxx

      Delete
  4. She is GORGEOUS oh my gosh!!! I'm such a dog person
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee :) thank you! I'm with you there- I'm totally a dog person too! xxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© The Freckled Fieldnotes. Design by Fearne.